Thursday, December 21, 2006

Sweet Surprise!

When I listen to music I mostly concentrate on how the song is composed. It’s the tune that has to be appealing to me. My wife listens to the lyrics in the song. For her both the lyrics and the tune has to be good. I guess we are different in that aspect.

I am one of those who sing loudly when I am amidst my own family. I am too shy to sing in front of friends or strangers or for that matter other family members.

During our early days of our marriage I used to sing songs loud and most of them happened to be songs with romantic lyrics. I guess my favorite composer (AR.Rahman) was composing mostly romantic songs at that time. My wife being a little possessive in nature used to get very upset when I sing a song whose lyrics actually praise some other woman. As time went on she got used to it.

Now that we have been married for 6 years, she now knows that I don’t look deeply into the lyrics of the songs. So she doesn’t mind even if I sing such songs loud now. But it really was a sweet surprise for me the first time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is nice of you to understand her emotions and call it 'sweet'. Women and men are so different in expressing their love sometimes. However, I have seen possessive men too. I think it kind of stems from love that the person wants to be amongst the 'best' for their spouse.