Monday, December 11, 2006

Johnny Bravo!

I have this narcissist tendency of looking at myself in the mirror whenever I see one. My wife calls me 'Johnny Bravo' for doing this. For those who don't know 'Johnny Bravo', it is this cartoon character that is very narcissist and keeps look at him in the mirror even on dire circumstances. There is this funny episode where a monster chases him. But he'll still keep making stops to look at himself in the mirror whenever he sees one.

I guess most men do this. I have observed that most men are very shy to look at mirrors when somebody else is around. That includes me too. In public restrooms, I have seen people instantly shying away from the mirror as soon as somebody walks in. You can almost feel that they were looking at themselves in the mirror just before you walked in.

I guess men think that it is effeminate to look at them in the mirror. But I don’t think that it is true with most women. Or is it?

What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From what I have observed men look in the mirror and feel good about themselves. I have hardly seen a man correct his hair or do anything with the way he looks. Women look in the mirror to do check their hair, check on their make-up, etc. Men do not look at themselves deeply when looking in their mirror. Most of the women always look deeply if they have the time and notice all the flaws/things they could correct.

PR said...

Yes, I haven't seen any men here who corrects his hair.. etc.

But I do remember in India some guys were so cautious about their hair style.. You could always see a comb in their packet.. They stop and comb their hair by looking at their reflection on bike mirror or car window etc (even if it is not their vehicle)..