Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Fear of Flying

I saw an ad yesterday where they show everybody staring at a man boarding an airplane wearing a parachute and all other safety accessories. It was funny commercial.

1. Haven’t we all wondered while boarding an airplane as to whether it is really worth listening to all the safety instructions?

2. Haven't we all wondered why the floating device, parachutes etc... are kept in inaccessible places (under the seat or latches in an inaccessible place)?

3. Haven't we all wondered as to whether we'll even have time to react when something goes bad?

4. I read that most of the people who know to swim have the confidence that they can swim to safety if the planes fall into the water. On the other hand people who don't know to swim have the utmost fear when the plane is flying over water.

I don't know whether all of you have this fear. But I sure do feel queasy about all these things every time I board a plane.

So thinking about the ad, I don't blame the man. If the society accepts, I wouldn't mind doing the same thing.

How about you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really know to present your case! I'm totally with you on this. I don't know to swim so when flying if we hit turbulences that last for a few minutes, I get scared.
I do think it is necessary to spend a couple of minutes to listen to the instructions. It could save lives!