Sunday, December 10, 2006

Let me in

Have you wondered how many online accounts you have created in the last few years? I must have created at least 20+. The difficult part in this is remembering the user name and password for each and every account.

Each account seems to have a different format for login and password. So I must have at least 5+ different kinds of login ids and many different passwords. Now it’s reached a point that I have forgotten a few of them.

Recently many financial institution websites have started creating a second layer of protection. They ask you as many as 3 questions and ask you to remember the answers for them if you are not logging from a specific computer.So it makes it even more confusing.

The only viable solution I think is getting a biometric reader. This is getting out of hand.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Biometric: they replaced thumb impression for car key -- only later to find out the thieves cut off the thumb of a man to nick his car.

Ram said...

That's sad but funny.

Anonymous said...

How do you come up with such interesting titles and content for your blog?

PR said...

Not sure about Biometric but the way I take of this is to create a simple text file and enter the user name and passwords. I do not enter the complete user name and password but enough to remind myself.

For example if for I have these passwords: appleone, apple1fruit and say apple1FR.. I write it as a****o**, a****1f**** and a****1FR.. something like that. It may sound simple but has helped me tremendously..