Saturday, December 30, 2006

Cannot watch this!

Today Saddam as many know has been executed. I don’t like him just like many around the world for all the atrocities he did. I am not going to argue whether this war is good or bad. I guess enough has been said about it.

But the photos and videos of him minutes before he was hung was something that was not palatable to watch for me as a fellow human being. I don’t know why the media kept showing it as many times as they did.

‘A capital punishment is always tragic news, a reason for sadness; even if it deals with a person who was guilty of grave crimes’ said the Vatican. I totally agree.

I don’t think it’s possible for any human being with heart to watch somebody else die. His last minutes were very depressing to watch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"all the atrocities he did" -- thats what we were told.

It is an unjustified trial and the hanging of him. Totally absurd.

If there is only justice in this world, people who ran the Union Carbide to kill thousands in Bhopal couple of decades ago would not be living a comfortable life in the US, and they cannot be tried anywhere.

Anonymous said...

Saddam Hanged.. i agree it was a tragedy the way they showed the footage over n over again.. justice has to be done..but i believe in Saddam's case it was pure retribution a personal vendetta, .. desperate acts of a very very desperate man..

Anonymous said...

Watching anyone die or anybody's last moments is really hard for me also. I think some people have more tolerance than others. When during '9/11', the 'Tsunami in 2004', 'Katrina', etc were telecasted on TV, I could not handle it. Some things are depressing.
On the other hand, it is also a reminder of what all in life we take for granted, to be thankful, to live life to the fullest and also to 'Live and let live'.