Friday, December 15, 2006

MultiVitamins

I am one of those health nuts who take a multivitamin whenever I feel that I haven’t eaten well. I know some people take it everyday.

But every time I take it I am always unsure as to whether it is really doing good for my body. I just console myself thinking that as long as it does not do anything harmful to me, I’ll take it.

I think more than the adults the kids need it. This is because of their bad eating habits. My son eats a lot of dairy and eats vegetables wherever he has the mood to do so. Since we are vegetarians, I am not sure whether he gets all the necessary minerals and vitamins.

So inevitably we try to give him multivitamins. Thankfully they have those candy coated multivitamins. So I feel satisfied when ever I see him eat one of those. I don’t know whether it works. But it at least gives me a great sense of satisfaction.

2 comments:

PR said...

I have always heard that getting vitamins & minerals from food was the best.. but haven't heard anything bad about multivitamins either.

In fact my father in law has been taking Vitamin C all his life and claims thats the reason he hasn't fallen sick at all..

Anonymous said...

BBC horizon, if you know, did an episode about these vitamin tablets. I don't remember quite exactly what they said, but if you got time to read through
The Truth About Vitamins.