Sunday, December 17, 2006

I care

One of the main reasons why this country (US) looks beautiful is because of the importance given to landscaping here. Here all the individual houses/businesses etc… are required to maintain a proper landscape – Clean and beautiful.

When I first came to US, I used to think just like every other Indian as to why people here are so obsessed with cutting the grass and then watering them and cutting them, over and over again. I used to think that it’s just silly and a waste of time.

But just looking at the results – green landscape, I am convinced that it is not. I am sure people who have been here long enough would accept what I am saying.

I think it's also a way to telling the nature - 'I care'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think generally it is a good idea to keep everything a person owns, be it a car, a home, clothes, etc in a fair condition. That should kind of extend to the neighborhood - To keep the surroundings neat and clean. I think that is one way to respect what is owned. Not eveyone has everything. Depending on what people can afford the presentation of it can vary but then just to keep it neat and clean does not take much. All it costs is some time and patience.

PR said...

Yes, it is definitely a good way of telling the nature 'I care'. It helps nature a lot. Soil is covered so it prevents erotion from wind and rain (definitely makes it less dusty). It help keep the environment clean. Also it helps store rain water as it is not washed away..