Monday, January 22, 2007

Tiny and Virtual keyboards

One thing that really annoys me is using those tiny teeny keyboards that come in some cell phones, blackberry’s etc… I have seen some people using it with so much ease and it beats me how they can do it. They type like they are playing a video game. I am guessing those things are bad for both your eyes and fingers when used for a long time.

Another annoying kind of keyboard is the virtual keyboard that comes up in those mini and micro devices. If you have a fat finger you really can ‘fat finger’. The other alternative is the use of stylus which is even more annoying for me. From what i have seen , people eventually lose the stylus or break it. I guess these equipments are directed towards young and teens with no regard for old people.
A few of my customers at work who are in their 50's tried to use those and it was a struggle for them. They decided to switch back to the big screen with the big comfortable keyboards.

With all devices growing smaller day by day, I guess it’s time we get used to those tiny teeny keyboards. I wonder what will be the next innovation in keyboard? I hope it's a kind of innovation that lets both young and old to use it with ease.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is fun for people to carry around the teeny tiny gadgets that do wonders. I personally don't like it. Not many of my friends that bought it have stuck with it.