Friday, January 19, 2007

Stutter

I was standing in line at Qdoba once again and I had a guy in front of me who started chit chatting with me. This guy suddenly started stuttering and I didn’t know how to react. I am sure he would have seen my face change when he started stuttering. I guess he would have been used to such reactions by now. But I felt really bad (even though I didn’t do anything wrong!). After the initial discomfort we started talking normally. But it truly was difficult for me those few seconds.

One thing I learned by Googling about the people who stutter is that they hate it if we complete the sentence for them. So keep that in mind in case you come across somebody like that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go to www.stutteringhelp.org to find out some tips to help people who stutter. The brochure "How to React When Speaking With Someone who Stutters" has helped my family as I have several uncles and cousins who stutter.

Ram said...

Thanks anonymous. I'll check it out.

Anonymous said...

That is a good site! Thanks Anonymous. Thanks RB for the post, I sure would not have known how to react properly if I had not read your post.