Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Passion to work

Have you noticed that some people work with so much passion? I went to the cafeteria today for my breakfast and one thing I noticed was that the lady working there was working hard to make sure that she pleases everybody’s palate. She had to serve lot of people and she did so with the same amount of passion, enthusiasm and detail. On the other hand I have seen some people who work in the same cafeteria doing their job as if it was imposed on them.

I think it’s very important for everybody to enjoy their work. I understand that some people, even if they don’t enjoy what they do, continue doing what they do because of different circumstances. But if possible they should move on.

What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GM

I agree with your comments. Work if performed without connection, not paying attention to what they are doing becomes a chore. But for all of us. if we are aware of what we are doing and keep the awareness all day long, then works becomes our meditation.It gives us joy.
This is so true, resenting what they are doing instead of moving ahead is a sad scneario. It affects everyone around us, they are wrong color or wrong personality because they do not like what they are doing, it is always the other person

R Kamal said...

well,there is some unavoidable situations people put up with.neither they have the luck,or chance to work on,what they really wanted or needed.so they do the job they hate,for some particular reasons of their own.very unlucky...

also i strongly believe that,not all the jobs canbe done in an passionate,enjoyable way.

there are jobs that eat your soul & body.

Anonymous said...

I think any job can be enjoyed and any job can be thought of as 'boring'. It depends on your customer(s), your boss(es), your co-workers, etc. When you put your attitude to the equation it can alter things dramatically. I call it the pendulum effect - can swing you this side or that side. I enjoy what I do but when it gets hard for me some days, I just remember how I longed for this job.

When the job is getting to be so stressful where it is changing your personality and your relationship with your loved ones, it is time to move on.