Friday, January 12, 2007

Food products from Cloned animals

There is a push underway to sell meat and other products coming from cloned animals. Even though the markets still haven’t started carrying those yet, just the thought of it is very repugnant.

I read a report where it said that cloning is not much different than other type of assisted reproduction in farm animals. I understand that. But the very idea of manipulating nature’s design and reaping benefits from it makes me very uncomfortable. I just don’t think I’ll feel comfortable drinking milk from a cloned cow.

I just hope that if FDA does decide to allow companies to sell products from cloned animals, they do it in such a way that it is transparent to the customers whether it’s from cloned animals or not. Super markets should specially mark these products like they do for Organic foods.

Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets just say that none of the Indian
Bujziness man (Gujju Style) get this technology else forget talking they will not even revel that it is clone.

Anonymous said...

NPR had a story on this. I personally would not like to consume any products from a cloned animal either.