Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Brand Names

It is always a vogue to buy branded products especially during your teens. We didn’t earn at that time and didn’t realize what a waste it is to shell out a few extra bucks even when there is a cheap alternative available.

Even though i am way past my teens,I bought a Nike shoes last week to use during my badminton practice. After a few sessions it was beginning to get really uncomfortable. I must have shelled out an extra $30 because it was a brand name.So I returned and bought an unknown brand. It was much better than Nike – Very comfortable. So from now on I have decided not to fall for brand names. We already do that when we buy groceries here. We buy local brands for a cheaper price rather than name brands.

I am becoming cheaper day by day - second hand cars, Local brands etc... I guess I am growing up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

GM

We are all growing up together letting go of our limited selves and letting in of unlimited intelligence. Real wisdom, from unreal world.

R Kamal said...

hi buddy,the same thing happened to me aswell,i bought a reabok shoe,for a huge sum.but the quality was very bad.the shoe is in bad condition within 2-3 months.

some brands are good,like woodlands.but its the product we should look for.not the brand.even i learned the lesson.but it was a bit costly...lol

Anonymous said...

I always buy based on my needs for the product, try to stay away from the 'brand' names. Even the things I buy, I hate to buy it for the original price. I try as much as possible to buy it when it is on sale or clearance.
I would call you a 'smart buyer' than a cheaper buyer since you are not compromising on quality for the money you are paying.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous or GM -

what's shoe quality got to do with "letting go of the self, unlimited intelligence and so called real and unreal worlds"?

Anonymous said...

also consider the fact that no major brand maker of shoes or clothes manufactures in the U.S. anymore. they are all 3rd world sweat shops.

generally i agree with the other comments on this topic (except of course believing that letting go of the self is going to fix my shoe problem), but one nuance that we generally don't consider while buying shoes is the WIDTH. you may be a size 9.5 or 10 but you also need to figure out if you are #10 narrow or wide. especially when considering shoes for sports..