Monday, November 27, 2006

To spend or not to spend!

This question always pops up in my head - Should I spend what I have today or save a lot for tomorrow?

Sometimes I feel that I should enjoy whatever I have today because tomorrow is uncertain. What is the use saving a lot of money and having millions and millions of dollars at the age of 60 when we are weak and can't really do anything? We are young, fabulous and energetic now. Why not enjoy when you can?

On the other hand I learn a lot of stuff in papers, magazines, internet etc. where they always advise you to save as much as possible so that you can have a good retirement. I completely understand that it makes sense because of inflation, health care cost etc... But it just feels I am missing something by restraining myself so much.

It just feels like one of those moments on TV where they show your evil and good self arguing with each other.

Do you feel the same way?

No comments: