Monday, November 20, 2006

Anger!

Anger i always thought was genetically coded in you.I have seen people who get angry for no reason or for a very trivial reason. I understand that it can be controlled but i am always under the impression that your genetic trait shows it's ugly head first even before you realize.

I was watching a program in CNN yesterday where they said that even if it is genetically passed on , it is not something that cannot be controlled. They said that it is same as anything else that is genetically passed on like obesity,diabetes etc.. The argument was that if obesity,diabetes etc.. can be controlled by exercise etc..then why not anger? The program was about the effect of meditation in one's life.

I do realize that it is very tough to control your mind.But the argument does make sense. Doesen't it?

1 comment:

PR said...

I am sure it can be controlled.. if there is change in environment.

I feel Anger is something you inherit.. not through your genes but from the environment you are exposed. Even personal hygiene, use of foul language, etc.. All of these can eventually be changed with change in environment but it gets harder as years pass by..