Tuesday, November 21, 2006

CQ+PQ > IQ

I was listening to CNN other day where they were talking with the author of 'Flat World'. I don’t remember his name. Flat world is the world without borders because of internet, free trade, immigration etc...

He was putting forth the point that in this flat world you do not need IQ to succeed in life.
With CQ = creativity quotient and PQ = passion quotient you can be very successful even if you don't have a great IQ. I think by IQ he meant formal education/training etc...

It does sound true when we look at the world around us . Look at all the founders of successful companies these days. One common trait you'll notice are these are young people who are very innovative / creative (CQ) in their ideas and showed great passion towards what they were doing. Creators of Google and youtube etc...did have all those two traits which made them immensely successful.

Personally I would also add a 'LQ' - Luck quotient to the equation. Because I don't think Larry Page and Sergey Brin really dreamed that they would be this successful (Google shares touched $500 for the first time today!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least I have been advocating a border less world for me to travel freely. It is so unfair that I need a visa but a westerner usually can travel freely, well almost.