Thursday, May 31, 2007

Please call!

Have you noticed that almost all consumer products have a helpline number in their boxes? Colgate toothpaste carton had 1800 number on it and said that it is available 24 hours a day for concerns and questions about the toothpaste. Excuse my ignorance. But who in heck would be calling them? I feel sorry for the person working in the help desk eagerly waiting for a call. Maybe they would explain us proper techniques of brushing.Whatever it is 24 hr hotline is a little too much.

2 comments:

PR said...

Actually, I like the idea of a 24 hr hotline. I have used the 1800 number couple of times. Not for toothpaste but for fabric software (even worse).. Just wanted to find out if it was Ok to use it after an year.

But there could be something important with the toothpaste.. Like may be.. my dog ate a whole tube of toothpaste.. is it Ok OR the color of Colgate toothpaste purchased from a store looks different OR the toothpaste froze in the car how I can I unfreeze it.. Ok it is getting weirder but my point is someone out there will have something they feel is important and they are a customer. Remember people call 911 to find a cute cop so people will call :-)

Ram said...

PR,
Thanks. I got your point.I guess I didn't think hard before typing it.