Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Export quality?

Every time I go to Indian grocery store to buy stuff, I always feel good seeing ‘export quality’ label on the merchandise. Recently I read that most of the goods that are imported into US do not require a quality check to be performed in the originating country. Also only a very tiny percent of what is imported is sampled and checked by FDA for quality and assurance here in US. FDA attributes it to usual complaints like lack of resources, funding etc.

So essentially most goods we buy here that are imported is not assured to have good quality. After knowing that piece of info, ‘export quality’ label doesn’t make me feel good anymore. In fact it makes me very nervous now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you were born and brought up in India. Given that there is no reason to be nervous. There are myriad of things that are not in your control in life. When that is the case why bother with such a trivia and be nervous?

Ram said...

Thanks Anonymous. I guess there is no point worrying over small things in life.