Thursday, May 17, 2007

Just show the price already!

One aspect of internet shopping I really hate is the idea of putting the merchandise in the shopping cart before you can know the price. I don’t understand why the websites want to make the customer go through that extra step of putting it in the cart, knowing the price and incase they don’t like the price (which is the case most of the time!) remove it from the cart.

Wouldn’t it be easier for everybody if they can just display the price? I guess there is a valid reason for it. But whatever be it, it irritates me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a bad B2C site design you are dealing with.

I cannot remember a time when I had to put an item in the cart before I got the price. I guess if I'd been to such a site, I would have navigated away immediately to another one, so I can't remember it..

(i've seen sites that make you put items in the cart to see DISCOUNTED price, like Circuit City, but that is different and I am ok with that).

Ram said...

SK,
Do you know why this is done to see the discounted price?

Anonymous said...

for the same reason brick and mortar side of the businesses advertise discounted price on shelves to entice consumers to buy and charge a higher price at cashiers, with "mail-in rebates" and other marketing tactics (legit) that give them the ability to advertise low and charge high.