Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What do you want today?

I am becoming very predictable. These days any time I go to any of the fast food places that I usually frequent during lunch, they seem to know what I want. I have this habit of eating specific food at specific places and as soon as I walk in, people there guess what I want even before I tell them. It’s probably because I am the only guy getting the same vegetarian dishes day in and out.

It’s embarrassing sometimes when I walk in and the person there says ‘So what do you want today? Veggie sandwich?’.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't feel bad. i have seen the same thing happen to people who order "roast beef" or some other meat dish. i have also seen people go in to restaurants and order the "usual".

humans are creatures of habit. and if you are becoming predictable in your community, that means you have put some roots in it, which is a positive thing.

and generally many people consider it endearing if vendors - lunch places, salons etc. know what a customer wants. it is supposed to make a "personal" connection.

next time, order a veggie sandwich but ask them to hold the onions - that'll shock 'em :-)