Monday, April 2, 2007

To Lick or not?

The other day I went to the post office to mail some documents. I realized that I needed a bigger envelope than what I got and decided to buy one on the counter. I stuffed the document in and realized that I had to lick it to close it. I was so embarrassed to lick it in front of the person in the counter. Thank God the guy had a cello tape. I asked him to put that instead of me licking it. The counter guy said that he was waiting to see if I am going to lick it or not with a chuckle in his face.

It was one of those awkward moments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have always refused to lick, period. i hate the way it makes you look in public and i am also a bit paranoid about germs. i usually reach for the cap of a water bottle for some moisture. envelopes with "pressure adhesives" are available these days, but are a tad more expensive.

PR said...

I once saw the calorie intake for licking the envelope at a nutrition website.. Believe it or not! So if you are diet conscious you may wish to stay away from licking it :-)

Personally like SK I am paranoid about germs too..