Friday, June 8, 2007

No Spare change to tip!

It’s always embarrassing when you have to tip someone but you don’t have any spare change. I usually don’t carry too much money in my purse and has encountered this situation so many times.

Few weeks back we had to get to a car rental company from airport using a shuttle bus. We were the only ones in the bus and the driver was rendering all possible help he could to us. His body language very much suggested that he was doing it for tips since he was going very much out of the way to help us out. I realized as soon as the bus stopped that I didn’t have even a single dime to spare. So I apologized to the driver and felt bad that I did not have any spare change.

3 comments:

Mike said...

just curious,but how much do you usually have to tip these drivers? and thanks to you I'll make sure to keep change on me.

Ram said...

mbz,
Welocome to Random Thoughts. I usually tip them between $3 -5 depending on how courteous the person is.

R Kamal said...

its really an embarrassing situation.