Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I downloaded Apple Safari

I downloaded the safari browser from Apple yesterday to check it out.
Here are the nice features

1. Looks cool. Has the same feel as IPOD
2. It is definitely faster than IE or Mozilla.
3. I like their bookmark page which has the same look as Itunes.
4. The default font is a bit different and looks cool.

The bad feature

1. The only bad facture is its security. I tried to access a financial institution site (T. Rowe Price) using it and the site recognized the browser as a Netscape Navigator and asked me to upgrade to its latest version. It said that the current browser did not have all the security in place. I don’t have any problems accessing the same site with IE or Mozilla.

Other than this everything else looks the same as IE and Mozilla. Now that their browser is open in Windows, I think they could potentially gain a decent market share. Just like me others might download it just out of curiosity. Here is the link to download safari on Windows

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

safari Beta is real Beta not like the google beta..

app crashes so many time.